FluidIT Consulting Group is an ambitious and fast-growing management consultancy. We help our clients leverage IT and digital technologies to achieve transformational growth.
Right now it's an exciting time for FluidIT as we have been experiencing strong revenue and profit growth, and are finalising our strategic planning process for the coming year. It's a timely opportunity for the right candidate to work with the new business strategy and build a more detailed BD strategy and plan to help the business deliver on its goals.
Our target markets are typically, but not exclusively, SME B2B businesses that have come from a ‘bricks and mortar’ background who are looking to accelerate growth and performance through digital transformation. We work extensively with Private Equity helping their portfolios with technology and change delivery with a goal of becoming PE’s trusted advisors on technology and project delivery challenges. We also assist large businesses with ERP implementations and change management.
Our philosophy is, people, process THEN technology and we focus on business outcomes not technology deliverables.
We pride ourselves on our people and our culture. We have a relatively flat hierarchy, an inclusive and collaborative management style, and a highly entrepreneurial outlook. We excel in helping our people achieve their career ambitions through support, training and coaching and opportunity to participate in shaping the business and its future growth plans.
If you are interested in the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if you would like to discuss the role or request further information please contact email@example.com
Ideal Candidate Background
- Business Development - experience of selling professional digital, technology and IT consultancy services into SME and larger businesses, rather than product-based organisations
- 'Door-opener' - spot opportunities and initiate the sales process, then pull in relevant experts from our sales and delivery teams to ensure a smooth hand over to close the deal
- Relationship management – able to build and maintain relationships with clients who are not yet ready to buy by speaking their language and understanding and serving their needs
- Bit of a digital "geek" - passionate about technology and how it can drive tangible business growth and improvements
- Understand the tech and professional services landscape – bring a wider business and technology perspective
- Entrepreneurial and pioneer mindset
- Comfortable working in a young business with autonomy, and excited about the opportunity to build our BD capability and team and contribute to the growth plans and strategic direction of the business
- Experience of operating in a highly competitive market
- Business Development - a self-starter who can quickly identify prospects and match our services and products to their gains and pains
- Focus is on building long-term ‘trusted advisor’ partnerships and not necessarily on profit
- Good communicator and strong social skills
- Digital, IT and professional services / consultancy sector experience a significant advantage
- Appreciation of how to market a service and ability to work closely with our marketing team to drive lead-generation is an advantage
- Comfortable delivering professional, informative and engaging events to our target audience, working with marketing to develop the subjects and content for the events
- Working with the Sales Director to build and execute a BD / go to market strategy for our target markets, and services
- Identify prospects and work across all channels (phone, email, social media, events) to open doors and arrange an initial consultation with prospects
- Expertly uncover prospect’s pains and needs and match them with our services and capabilities and then work with the wider sales and delivery teams to pull in relevant experts to the sales process, ensure a smooth hand off so that the combined team delivers a compelling proposal that meets their needs
- Work closely with our marketing team to help them with defining target personas, markets, needs, and help develop marketing content aimed at a specific audience, customer need or hot topic
- Maintain prospects and leads within our Hubspot CRM platform, keeping statuses and data up to date and relevant. Following up with leads generated from our website, online forms, social media marketing activities etc
- Establish KPIs and prepare regular reports for pipeline and BD activity and behaviours demonstrating progress being made, volumes being progressed etc
- Managing third party BD professionals and their budget ensuring they are focussed on the right activities and ensuring we achieve an ROI with them
- Preparing and leading the delivery of professional, informative and engaging events to our target audience including webinars, roundtables, as well as attending and participating in events run by other entities e.g. trade exhibitions etc
- Identifying and developing strategic partnerships with relevant organisations who can help us with business development opportunities and enhance the solutions and services that we deliver to our client, e.g. accountancy firms, law practices, software and solution providers
Reward and Benefits Package
Salary: c.£45k basic + highly competitive OTE + excellent benefits
Location: FluidIT head office is in Platform, above Leeds train station, West Yorkshire. The role is currently home-based with c. 2-3 days a week travel to the office expected when Covid restrictions lift.
- Bonus (both profit and performance related)
- Contributory pension up to 5 per cent
- Flexible working (start times, location)
- Personal Annual Learning and Development Allowance
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Unlimited unpaid leave
- Personal Business Coaching
- Fluidiversary gift
- Perk box
- Birthday gift
- Netflix / Amazon / Spotify subscription
- Refer a friend recruitment fee
- City Centre office location at Platform in Leeds with networking opportunities, a roof top terrace and unique break out spaces to enjoy drinks, yoga or breakfast
- Employers for childcare
- Employer Supported Volunteering (up to two days)