FluidIT Consulting helps clients define their IT strategy, implement strategic programmes of work and transform their business processes.
Everything we do is underpinned by our philosophy of inspired innovation, meaningful change, and collective success. We take pride in our innovative business model and our democratic and open management structure, where we believe in empowering employees to success professionally as well as to help determine the future of our company.
We offer a competitive and flexible rewards package, with strong profit share element to make sure that our employees benefit equitably in the success of our business.
Salary: £45K to £55K (dependent on experience)
Location: FluidIT head office is in the city centre of Leeds, West Yorkshire. The role is currently home-based with travel to Leeds expected when Covid restrictions lift.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 26 March. If you’d like to discuss the role or request further info please contact Louise at the same address.
As Project Manager you’ll work with our clients to understand and support the delivery of their strategic outcomes. The scope of the role spans people, process and technology, and work might be undertaken as part of a pre-sales engagement or as part of a project delivery.
You'll be primarily responsible for delivering projects to timescale, quality and budget and you'll be given a level of freedom to do so. The role will give you the opportunity to make a real difference and deliver tangible benefits to our customers. You'll need to understand the current situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs, usually (but not always) in relation to information and software systems.
You'll also play a key role in communicating between the internal team and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey how information technology can support the client needs.
You’ll have experience across change life cycle and be familiar with different IT / change delivery approaches and instinctively know which to use, or how to blend them for optimum business benefits or value.
- Act as an advocate to ensure the control and governance of delivery–internally and externally.
- Support our customers in developing scoping / shaping ideas, business cases and ensuring solution feasibility.
- Manage large scale projects or a multitude of smaller projects from initiation to completion, using best practice PM tools and techniques –project planning, risk /issue management and reporting.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties / vendors to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Build and manage relationships with our customers and their organizations. Manage their expectations within all levels of their business.
- Contribute to the review and continuous improvement of the FluidIT ways of working
- Communication: Excellent communication skills across a range of channels and audiences - must be able to discuss complex issues in a plain and concise manner.
- Facilitation and Elicitation Skills: Must have facilitation techniques to manage stakeholders at all levels in meetings / workshops and to accurately record agreed outcomes and ensure follow-up activity is tracked and completed
- Documentation: the ability to clearly articulate technical and non-technical solutions and designs to a variety of audiences
- Self-Management: A structured and self-disciplined approach to work; effective at managing own time with good planning skills.
- Interpersonal / Relationship Skills: Must have good interpersonal skill and the ability to listen, question and interpret stakeholder requirements and build on-going relationships.
- PM Tools and Techniques: Familiarity with a range of programme/project management methodologies and the ability to adapt your approach. Must have experience of MS Applications, desirable to have experience of PM management tools e.g. MSP
- Team Player: must be a team player, contributing to all aspects of work carried out by the company and collaborating as required to achieve company objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience as a hands-on PM on IT and change programmes throughout the full project delivery lifecycle.
- Experience of strong client and stakeholder management
- Experience in Waterfall, Iterative and Agile frameworks
- Prince 2/APMP or equivalent accreditation