As a Business Analyst you will work with our clients to understand and support the delivery of their strategic outcomes. The scope of the role spans people, process and technology, and work might be undertaken as part of a pre-sale’s engagement or as part of a project delivery.
You'll need to understand the current situation, identify future needs, and create solutions to help meet those needs, usually (but not always) in relation to information and software systems.
You'll also play a key role in communicating between the internal team and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey how information technology can support the client needs.
You’ll have experience across the change life cycle and be experienced in using various change and delivery approaches and instinctively know which to use, or how to blend them for optimum business benefits or value.
What your responsibilities will be
- Understand the business drivers, and customer goals and objectives and desired benefits from the change.
- Elicit, define, validate, prioritise, and document requirements.
- Simplifying requirements, so they are easily understood across the whole team.
- Identifying costs and business savings.
- Working in collaboration with clients, 3rd parties and the FluidIT team, to ensure phases such as Discovery and Delivery meet the business needs.
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish and embed change.
- Creating functional specifications for new systems and processes.
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with various levels of the business.
- Contribute to internal projects and initiatives.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills across a range of channels and audiences - must be able to discuss complex issues in a plain and concise manner.
- Facilitation and Elicitation Skills: Must have facilitation techniques to manage stakeholders at all levels in meetings/workshops and to accurately record agreed outcomes and ensure follow-up activity is tracked and completed
- Visual Modelling: The ability to translate complex ideas and concepts into straightforward and simple to understand outputs
- Documentation / Specification Skills: the ability to clearly articulate technical and non-technical solutions and designs to a variety of audiences and has a keen attention to detail.
- Self-Management: A structured, self-disciplined and pro-active approach to work; must be effective at managing own time with strong planning and organising skills.
- Interpersonal / Relationship Skills: - Must have good interpersonal skill and the ability to listen, question and interpret stakeholder requirements and build on-going relationships.
- BA Tools and Techniques: – Experience of process mapping, data modelling, system modelling, requirements specification (User Stories, Functional Specifications)
- Tools: – Desirable to have experience of requirements management tools such e.g,MIRO, Visio, must have experience of MS Applications
- Team Player: must be a team player, contributing to all aspects of work carried out by the company and collaborating as required to achieve company objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working as a BA or in a similar analytical / consultant type role. Working on IT and business change programmes throughout the full project delivery lifecycle.
- Experience in a variety of elicitation, analysis, and presentation techniques
- Experience of strong client and stakeholder management
- Experience in Waterfall, Iterative and Agile frameworks
- Business analysis accreditation (desirable)